Exerpeutic 4000 Magnetic Recumbent Bike – Review
The Exerpeutic 4000 is probably the most comfortable recumbent bike and most suitable for seniors or those riding the bike for rehab + exercise. Be aware that the MyCloudFitness App. that is free must be used on your smart phone, ipad or other notebook. SO if you don’t have one of those, then be prepared to buy one to use that app. Of course you don’t need it to track your progress during your workout, but if you want long term statistics, then you will want to use the MyCloudFitness app that they suggest.
If you’ve read the top ten recumbent bike review, then you already know the benefits of training with a recumbent bike as compared to a regular sit up straight and crank your neck bike. So let’s just focus on what the Exerpeutic 4000 has going for it.
This recumbent bike features:
- 12 preset exercise programs.
- 24 levels of resistance to match your level of fitness and challenges.
- Contoured, and cushioned seat with “breath through” technology gives you the most comfortable ride.
- Heart rate monitor pulse grips
- Track your progress on the LCD screen or transfer your data via Bluetooth to MyCloudFitness mobile app.
- Adjustable seat Perimeter.
- Water bottle holder
- Media shelf (to hold Ipad or similar device).
- Oversized pedals (for no slip operation).
- ergonomically-positioned handlebars.
- Front transport wheels for easy moving and storage
- Weight capacity: 325 lbs.
Sometimes it’s better when you can see it as the features are explained:
Final word: While in our main article on recumbent bikes we make a case that virtually all of the bikes on the market seemed to be manufactured by the same company (probably in China) with small variations (the Chinese are now expert at this)… This recumbent bike has a fair amount of options and extras, it’s a very comfortable bike. It’s not our first pick, it’s our 5th.. Our first pick is the Nordic Track GX 4.7 because it has almost as many features as the Schwinn 270, but is less in cost, which is rare as Nordic Track is high quality and they are typically much higher priced.
Having said that, if you are a little older, a little more out of shape, or just really value comfort and lots of programs and bells and whistles are not your thing, then this is probably the bike you want. Also, if you are currently in rehabilitation for some injury and they have you coming in to physical therapy and riding a recumbent bike, you could probably save yourself a trip if you wanted and only a few visits and you’ve probably paid for it.